3.27.2011

salty or sweet?

What's your preference? 99% of the time it's salty for me, but every once in a while I like something sweet.

Today, after a weekend of rainy, cold weather, we gathered with some friends at Amanda and Dave's house for an afternoon of  fun. We all brought some treats to munch on, and between the six of us there was quite the spread!

I made one of my favorite cold dips - 7-layer dip (or in my case 6 layers).

 
* Layer 3 - 8 oz. sour cream mixed with just about a tablespoon of mayonnaise (for a binding agent) and a packet of taco seasoning
 
Optional layers - olives, onions, pico de gallo...really anything you like!

Just layer all of the ingredients and you're ready to go. It's best served cold or room temperature with tortilla chips.

To satisfy my sweet tooth, I tried a recipe on Two Peas and their Pod for Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies:


The verdict?


They were a hit! The pudding made the cookies very soft in the center - even after they'd been out of the oven for a while. The recipe can be found here: Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Thanks for hosting us, Amanda and Dave!

Linked up here: Little Brick Ranch

3 comments:

  1. That dip looks so good. It's probably one of my favorite foods around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my all time favs...mom mom used to make it for every party when we were growing up! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday and stay tuned for Mondays giveaway...

    ReplyDelete

talk to me