And, honey, if you're reading this...get ready for this new chapter of our lives!
A few of my favorites:
1. Love her mom. Treat her mother with respect, honor, and a big heaping spoonful of public displays of affection. When she grows up, the odds are good she’ll fall in love with and marry someone who treats her much like you treated her mother. Good or bad, that’s just the way it is. I’d prefer good.
5. Pray for her. Regularly. Passionately. Continually.
15. Dance with her. Start when she’s a little girl or even when she’s a baby. Don’t wait ‘til her wedding day.
18. Tell her she’s beautiful. Say it over and over again. Someday an animated movie or “beauty” magazine will try to convince her otherwise.
22. She’s as smart as any boy. Make sure she knows that.
28. She will eagerly await your return home from work in the evenings. Don’t be late.
36. Few things in life are more comforting to a crying little girl than her father’s hand. Never forget this.
42. Let her know she can always come home. No matter what.