2.11.2011

risotto with chicken and caramelized onions

I love risotto - but I'd never made it myself. Bob and I decided to try something different last weekend, and boy am I glad that we picked this recipe on a weekend and not a weekday!
Annie's Eats' Herbed Risotto with Chicken and Caramelized Onions took forevvvvver to make, but it was delicious! We really like to cook together and this was the perfect recipe to do just that. 
I'd probably try it with a red onion next time, for a little color and just because I love red onions. Other than that, the only problem I had was that I didn't have enough reserve broth left after I cooked the risotto. It was still creamy enough, but I would have liked to loosen it up a bit.
  
All in all, a great recipe for an at-home-date-night. Fun to cook alongside my sweetie and even more fun to eat!

Check out Annie's picture in the link because it looks a lot more appetizing than mine!

2 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to say Hi. I found your blog through the CKCS list on Bark 'n About. I'm looking forward to reading more about the adventures of Tanner and Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delish! I wish I had the patience to make a risotto.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me