5.01.2011

a heavy heart

I know you all are aware of the massive storms that passed through the South last week, leaving behind a path of destruction, particularly in Alabama. My sweet, beloved Tuscaloosa - home away from home - the place where I "grew up" - where I met, fell in love with and got engaged to the love of my life - is just devastated...along with town after town in the rest of the state and in Tennessee, Georgia and other states.

We are so very thankful that all of our friends and family scattered across the state are safe and accounted for - although many have suffered severe property damage and are horribly shaken. Bob and I are shocked each time we see a photo of our town, only to find it is a photo of our old homes...now gone.

I'll spare you the rundown of the events b/c I know we've all heard them over and over again, and they just continue to be surreal to me, but I do want to let you know that as of last night, 39 people were confirmed dead, more than 1,000 were injured, and 455 were still missing in Tuscaloosa alone. Many, many more people were killed, injured or have not been found across the South.

Please, please pray for these communities. They desperately need your prayers. If you'd like to donate to benefit the victims of the tornadoes, please visit the Red Cross' site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me