4.08.2011

bbq chicken ranch pizza

I'm taking a break from the couponing to bring you this very important picture...

Hello, friend.
Mmmm. I'm not much of a pizza maker, but I've been trying to branch out a little. I don't really like the pizza dough that comes in the Pillsbury tubes or the like, but my sweet friend, Katie, introduced me to Publix pizza dough. A.maz.ing. I had no idea they sold it right there near the deli/bakery. 

This particular creation is BBQ Chicken Ranch. My fave.

Ingredients:

-Chicken, we used two boneless, skinless chicken breasts, slathered with BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays, of course) and baked in the oven at 375 for about 30 minutes, then cubed. You could also use a Rotisserie if you were lazy. :)
-Pizza dough - Just a note, the Publix pizza dough is supposed to rest out of the fridge for an hour before you use it.
-Various cheeses - I used parmesan, mozzarella and cheddar
-Red onion
-BBQ sauce

Dab a little olive oil on your pizza pan and rub it around with a paper towel. Then begin smoothing out your pizza dough, or if you're fancy, throw it in the air. Me? Not so coordinated. Push it towards the edges to your desired size, shape and thickness. Then use said paper towel to rub some more olive oil around the top of the dough.

Add desired amount of BBQ sauce - don't go overboard, it's pretty strong - and spread it on the crust to act as your sauce.

Top with cheeses, chicken and sliced red onion. Drizzle with a little Ranch if you like. I do.

Bake at 375 until the dough rises and turns golden brown, about 15 - 20 minutes.

Dinner is served!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like the publix dough! Your pizza is so pretty and round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, sounds and looks good. I might just have to try this. Too bad there isn't a Pubix so I might have to use bread dough or another pizza crust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love BBQ chicken pizza! I'll have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me