3.31.2011

twisted chicken & grits

A Mexican twist, that is!

I have never met a grit I didn't like, so when I saw this recipe online one day, I knew we'd be giving it a try.

I borrowed this recipe from Veggie Converter, who uses a substitute for chicken. I think you could use any protein you like, really.

Fiesta Chicken & Grits
Ingredients
2 c cooked polenta or grits
1/2 large onion, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 4 oz. can fire roasted green chiles
2 c taco seasoned chicken, cooked (coat chicken in olive oil and taco seasoning)
1-2 c Mexican cheese, shredded

Directions
Brown onions and garlic in olive oil. Add red pepper and green chiles. Continue to cook until the vegetables reach desired tenderness. Add polenta or grits, chicken and cheese and cook until heated through.

The finished product:


Delicious! Just needed a little extra salt added. Cornbread would go nicely. Enjoy!

Linked up at Little Brick Ranch Foodie Friday

1 comment:

  1. Oooh yours is so pretty! I'm glad you enjoyed it. We loved ours, too.

    Kristi @
    Veggie Converter

    ReplyDelete

talk to me